Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Playing Games, Losing, Physical Discomfort


I have noticed a very odd thing. I play online poker rather frequently and lately, when I lose, I get a bothersome physical reaction to the point where I decided to stop playing. I have noticed this previously. It seems to be something that comes and goes.
The sensation is unlike anything that I can compare it to. It definitely takes place in the solar plexus, the area below the sternum and between the bottom of the ribs...like a hands width above the navel.
And it feels like, a pseudo blow...being punched, but vaguely. It is a sense of feeling ill, uncomfortable...not sure I would call it "actual" pain because its not as strong as that. It kindof makes me want to double over and protect myself there. It is definitely distressing and bothersome.
I have kindof felt twinges of it off and on, the past week..and today it just became way too much.
Looking back, I have had previous episodes. The only treatment I know of is to stop playing games for awhile until it is completely gone. Not a bad thing.
Its like losing is physically uncomfortable. Winning does have an effect, in that same area...hmmm...very weird.
I haven't read about it anywhere and I would like to find out more info about it. If anyone has heard of such a thing, or has experienced, please let me know.