Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Message from the Grave...a dream

I had a most unusual dream last night. I was on my knees looking through books, an old scrapbook in particular, and I look up. A few feet away stands my recently deceased abuser, my dad. He has those sorrowful eyes of regret and remorse. He doesn't approach me or tap me on the shoulder but patiently kept his distance till I noticed him.
 I looked at him and said, "you didn't have to do this," to go to all the trouble, great links to find me. I knew he had to contact different people, follow a trail of info, clues, went to great lengths to locate me.
 I had no fear. There was nothing negative about this at all. I kinda smiled with pleasant amusement and surprize to see him.
 He said, as clear as day, "I didn't want to leave things as they were." And he stretched out his hand with a business card in it. (I believe it to be symbolic of some type of gift.)
 I, without hesitation, took the card. He was repaying me, giving me some sort of gift that he went to great lengths to secure. He wants to help me in some way, shape or form.
 I woke up.
Something, something big, unexpected and positive will come into my life shortly. And he, my dad, will have had a hand in making it happen. I can feel it.
 I'll keep you updated.