Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Saturday, October 17, 2015

I don't like to talk much

...much, a lot, often. There is very little worth saying. I am an introvert, a staunch recluse, but I also find meager value in verbal exchanges.
Talking to myself tends to be warm, instructive and comforting. Speaking with others, well, I just don't see the point.
A large part of it, the i-don't-care-to-talk, I was born with. Autism is having little need or use for anyone outside of oneself.
I don't like to gossip and talk about others, and I tend to abhor talking about myself, so...it leaves me in...a quiet place with very little to say.
There is nothing wrong with my difference. I am a "lite speaker" who wields words with this...odd thing called forethought and weight. I analyze before I part my lips, not after.
The gift of gab, those incessant, long winded speakers who talk in paragraphs instead of sentences, I avoid, as that too, is an inbred trait that can't be modified or subtlified. Avoidance is the best medicine. Long talkers make me ears hurt, head spin and overwhelm me to exhaustion.
I used to think something was wrong with me for being of "litespeak"...but, I know better now. There is nothing wrong with me, not a single strand. It's perfectly okay...to have nothing to say.
I shan't feel negative about being kind and different.