Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, August 19, 2016

Another Great Day

I'm happy, more than I have ever been. I am tired and go to bed around 11pm every night. Typically, I wake up once around 3ish and go back to sleep until 7 or 8. I'm eating light and decent, making sure YL and I eat healthy.
After today's middle school tour and enrollment, I treated little mustache guy to a meal at Dairy Queen. He and I had seen commercials whereby there were DQ'S that served food, but we'd never actually seen one till today. Originally, we were just stopping for ice cream but once YL saw the large menu, he perked up and asked if he could try a meal. Sitting and waiting for our order, I watched people. I wasn't nervous at all, just real comfortable observing everyone. I told YL we should stop down there maybe once a month and eat there. It's a perfect place to people watch and checkout the downtown.
YL loved the food. I loved the school. I was highly impressed. I'm really optomistic that this will be a positive turning point in my son's life. Maybe he will learn to trust people again, respect teachers and rebuild his shattered self-esteem.
Rosebud is so comfy and secure that she sleeps in her kennel while we are gone and displays no nervous tension.
We are one very happy family!!!