Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, September 16, 2016

Living on My Own

Today was another happily busy day. The morning was spent setting up IEP & therapy appointments for Seb, haggling and being patient while calling paypal (yes! Success), scouring the thrift stores and finding a carrying case for Seb and a file cabinet for me, stopping at RiteAid and Office Depot (I am so Never going to the local OD ever again. The salespeople were hard to find, then once caught windbags that would not stop talking about this offer or that promotion, yada, yada, Shut up already!!!! I could not get out of there fast enough as I found myself muttering and cursing aloud all the way to the car. That's a sure and easy sign that I'm stressed out.
Then I stopped by Michael's so I could get freaked out by the floor. They moved all their aisles leaving large, dirty square, rectangle marks on the floor that flipped me out. It was like an obstacle course as I couldn't step on the filthy, dirty floor areas which were numerous. Some kind of autistic thingy that made me feel very unpleasant.
I stopped at the community college to pick up my school book.
Once home, I unloaded the file cabinet myself. Yeah! Then I proceeded to label all the folders and organize the majority of my paperwork. I'm constantly surprised by the number of different forms and papers that I need to keep track of, mostly from Social Security and Oregon Health Plan, school stuff and receipts.
I've made a tremendous dent in organizing!!!!
Another highly productive day!!!!