Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Monday, October 10, 2016

Bridge of the Gods...WILD ❤

There is pure magic abounding when you get to a place you never thought you'd ever be fortunate to visit! Here I am at the Bridge of the Gods!! And yes, I crossed it into Washington, took a few pictures and recrossed the narrow metal grating back to my homestate. It was Fabulous and Breathtaking! The views of the Columbia River and the mountains were stunning and my favorite sights thus far.
I hadn't heard of the bridge until I watched "Wild" with Reese Witherspoon sometime last year. I remember my heart singing when I heard the name, Bridge of the Gods. I looked it up on the map and thought surely a place I will never get to visit because it was two thousand miles away. Yesterday, on a pure whim, I looked up the distance from my new home...less than two hours! I emailed my girlfriend and asked her if she'd like to go on a road trip. She said sure.
Oh my, the scenery along the Columbia River Gorge is breathtakingly spectacular, I kid you not!!! We even got to see a paddle boat on the river.
You may remember my previous posts regarding high anxiety over bridge crossings...well, none of that was evident today as it was pure thrill and excitement.
My new goal is to walk across the bridge!! It's not too long and it's road surface is entirely that metal grating so it will be a challenge. The bridge is narrow with no walkways but I saw a group walking across so it's allowed. I can only imagine the experience of seeing the sights and taking photos from mid bridge.
If you are planning a trip to visit, it is a toll bridge and it cost 2$ each way to cross. I continue to feel the exhilaration!!!
What a glorious day!!!