Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Not a good week

Other than my creating the Magritte replica art in Lego, this week has kinda sucked.
On Monday I found out my son had been brutally teased for having one hand. There have been meetings at the school, with counselors and his therapist, and overall trying to deal with the pain of being teased, both mom and son that is.
My son seems quite depressed, like a spark has been stepped on. He's wounded and I can see and feel it. I'm working on keeping him upbeat and involved. We've been doing more errands, shopping and going for walks.
He waited four days to tell me about it. He must be embarrassed, emotional or just having a hard time thinking about it. It's heartbreaking when someone hurts your kid...and I can't protect him and this is his battle alone as I can only prepare, support and help him repair.
It is hard to talk about. Sucks