Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Okay, back up and running

For some reason unknown, I haven't been able to post on my new phone. A lot has happened. So much to say. I cringe when I'm silenced and unable to be heard and my blog is my favorite voice.
I'm quite pleased to be seeing a Beautiful Woman and going out. We spent about 4 hours, holding hands, Out in Public. I had never experienced that before and I really enjoyed it. You can always tell when a first date has gone well when you get asked out on a second. I'm pretty pleased to meet someone so kind, caring and warm. We already have plans to go out again. She's really a delight. Makes me feel good inside just to be with her. She listens so well, texts me everyday and she's very caring. What a pleasant change.
My blog may be having problems with photos, so I'll try posting without them for a bit.
I took the week off of therapy. I seem to have a more stringent version about how a professional should act. Last week, I got very uncomfortable and this, like wall goes up and I couldn't go back. Another appointment this week. I don't know if I'll be able to go or not. We will see.
I started acupuncture and had my second treatment. My body energy responds extremely well to treatments. My practitioner seems okay, kind of comfortable and she does excellent work.
Hand is sore. My son and I did laundry together tonight. It was fun having the two one-handed, mom-son team working together. I seriously sprained my left wrist/arm a week ago. Xrays, so far, show no break but a bad sprain. My sports medicine dr told me not to take off my heavy-duty splint except to wash my hands. He says I'm not out of the woods yet, that a break may show up, so more xrays in another week. Lots of pain and I'm managing it with pain meds. The less movement I do, the better.
That's it for this post. Want to make sure it Will post. Be well.