Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Monday, December 5, 2016

First DID Switch with New Therapist, Neo

Well, we went in for our 4th appointment in a fb panic. Shared some basic instructions I've learned:
Sit close unless one of three things happen- whoever enters pushes the empty chair back against the wall, asks her to move back and 3, most likely, someone will tell her in a not nice way, one of the protectors.
I only ran over time in the last 3 yrs about 5 times due to instability after switching. I like, I pride myself on being punctual to and from appointments.
Don't let me leave disoriented. It happened once before and it was a bit frightening. Mostly I need to be aware of my state of mind. If I'm not stable, I'll sit in the lobby.
I asked her if she was going to flip out on me when I switched. She didn't know how she was going to reactive, if she'd say and do the right things but she was pretty sure she wouldn't flip out.
Sooooo....I switched into an alter about 8 years old. He sat quietly with her for a bit, then talked some. Then it was time to switch out. It was rather dramatic, Joker.
Therapist looked pale and somewhat shaken...unnerved might be the best word. I have to remember that therapist has never experienced switching and DID before. I always wondered what it must be like for therapists....especially the very first time they witness it up close.
My previous therapist had never encountered the likes of me before Either and she survived. She was either better at hiding her emotions or I wasn't able to see them through my own chaos. I think she appeared more flustered after she and I realized I was switching. She ended up doing great, excellent and with zero experience.
So, new therapists lack of experience doesn't bother me although I am concerned that she may rethink this whole working with me if it's beyond her capabilities. I'll probably send her an email in a couple of days, to see if she is still willing to work with me or if she can't handle it. I think a couple of days will give her time to analyze the situation.
It's clear that she had done some reading and research, judging by her questions and comments. We will see.
I had to get it out of the way. I don't want to get invested and then have a therapist flake. Something tells me she's the one. I should nickname her Neo.