Wednesday, August 14, 2024

I went to the movies

I had been in a movie theater in months, maybe a year or more. Tonight, I went with a friend of mind. So much overwhelmed me.
I knew enough to take my anti-anxiety medication. There were a lot of people there! Maybe four dozen or so, as a guess. Before the show started, getting popcorn was loud and confusing. My friend picked out the seats which helped. Waiting for the movie to start, everyone was talking a lot and it felt quite loudly. I was glad when the movie actually started as the crowd noise died down. The lights died down. And my anxiety lowered.
It was a movie I had seen many times, Jaws. I remembered most if the places were I had to look away from gross stuff. The movie sound was upsetting when it got really loud, which was mostly in the last 40 minutes or so. 
It was much scarier up on the big screen and not my little television. There was no closed captioning, and I kept thinking it would pop-up because I have it at home and I am quite used to it. I only understood about 50% or less of the dialog.
It was really nice having a friend to go there with. Having a friend is really new to me. I hadn't had one in seven years. She's really nice and on the spectrum, too.
My ears are still ringing from the noise. I'll need medication help to calm down and sleep tonight. It was the most intense crowd event that I have experienced in a long time. But I managed to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment