Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Hear Spring


Eldest was right...some of us are more in touch with the earth and the changing cycles and seasons.
Friday was the first time this year, that I heard the sweet, soft sounds of spring. As I returned to my vehicle after dropping off the little guy, I heard birds singing in the small strand of cedars near Lady Abigail. I think that I did actually, physically stopped to listen as it was so very striking to me. I could pick out the usual chickadee-dee-dees and maybe a titmouse. I strained to decipher whether that was a robin or cardinal that I heard in the cacophony...still not sure, probably cardinal, too early for robins. The chirping had a quality to it that was different than the idle, mainstay winter calls....it was like, lilting...a lightness, a definitive change in tempo and rhyme.
I do tend to be more sensitive than the avg. and the ground, the earth...hmmm..it is like soft vibrations, distant pleasant rumblings, a very slow awakening....Distant, yes, quite far away but there when last week it wasn't. Change is in the air or rather, deeply under the ground :)
I Hear and Feel Spring Approaching