Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, March 28, 2014

Fear of Being Forgotten


I'm really enjoying using my own photos and creating my own picture quotes:)
I find and use words that have personal meaning to me.

3 comments:

  1. A sorrowful and dreadful feeling, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always felt this way in my life. No-one has ever kept in touch with me. I never had any friends at primary school. And most of the people I did know of in Trench Hall Special Needs School are no longer around. I am alone in this universe that I shouldn't have come to in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks John.
    Hi Cherry, I'm forever contemplating the reason for my existence. Leaning more in a spiritual direction these days. Living is a solo experience, in many ways. Overcoming challenges isn't a fun way to live. I know for myself and probably for you, that we have touched people's lives in ways we are not always aware of. We need to find the value in ourselves. Where is our passion; what makes us tick and thrive. What makes you smile and what is blocking the way? Part of me wishes I lived alone in a house on a hill, where ever moment and action I did was for me alone. Yet I look at my time consuming family, kids and realize they have forced me to grow into someone I could have never become ad I lived alone.
    Your words strike me deeply, Cherry. They echo my own inner sorrow and turmoil. They make me want to grab you and hug you and tell you that you have great, untapped worth and value. And I want to beat the crap out of anyone that ever hurt you and made you feel worthless.
    I don't believe we are born sad and lonely...things, people happen to make us feel that way.
    If I were completely alone...I would still know and believe I have great value. Though I never learned to love, nay, like myself from my family of origin, I know it now.
    Yes, there is no one looking for me....but I am in a safe place.
    Just yesterday I thought, Life is Good, no one is actively trying to hurt me. Oh, the scars we carry from youth and troubled times.
    Healing, for me, writing, reliving and discarding the oodles of outmoded, unhealthy thinking. I was taught that I Was nothing outside my family. What a bunch of shit. I was taught I needed a good man with lots of money. I was taught I was nothing but an evil sinner, a liar, a childwhore and something to be regularly beaten. I'm learning I am none of those things.
    Friends are such rare gems...I understand that they always will be brief anomalies. I am here to find myself. To learn how to communicate what happened and how I feel. I'm here to cast off so much garbage and find out who I am underneath.
    Life is a solo journey. Every once in awhile we meet someone who walks with us for a bit.
    Cherry, thank you for reading and commenting. Your words struck some type of chord with me. I remember all too easily how you feel. Thank you for igniting a little passion in me. :) I care!

    ReplyDelete