Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Monday, March 17, 2014

Forgive Myself

2 comments:

  1. My friend,

    You will never forget, that is a fact.

    You will never forgive yourself, because there is nothing to forgive. I am sure that many people have told you in the past, that you were, and are not responsible for the horrors inflicted on you, during your childhood and I am telling you the same thing now.

    The shame, guilt and responsibility that you feel, is the sole property and responsibility of those that abused you. You were an innocent and helpless child.

    I believe that you must realise and accept this, before healing and growth can truly begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you, John.
    It seems that parts of me already know this and then new parts show up and I have to convince them. Argh. Logically, I know you are right:) Now, I've got to convince these newer parts of me.
    Thank you for your words, faith and confidence. I will continue to work on this:)

    ReplyDelete