Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

It's quite clear

My previous anchors have left through one outlet or another and I sit, a visitor in this rotting ship too big, full of flotsam yet devoid of anything resembling sustenance.
My body hurts with constant headaches, pains, stiffness full of heaviness and malaise. Like living within a mosquito draped bed waiting for someone, a single kind soul to bring me a pitcher of cool water without having to beg. Waiting, too weak to pace, waiting.
The pace so sluggish that each second seems like an hour and sleep isn't nearly as deep and refreshing as it once was.
Remorse, throwing pebbles on a grave and walking away because it isn't what it was and a new tomorrow isn't a gamble but a given and the dice are rolling.
No longer trapped but standing amongst treasure chests all requiring the turn of the key in my pocket, in my hand and I stand very much alone neither good nor bad nor indifferent, just knowing more than I care to share.
They've taken one step back...or maybe I've taken two.
Patterns, observing the patterns as the brush clears the way of the paths once obscured.
  The tone of voice tells me more than any words ever could.
  A different time calls for different tools and a change of approach.
I hope to feel even an ounce better really really soon. Obviously, the climate suits me like a jacket of ick. Unhappiness hangs thick, grey, muddy, sullen and with depressive sighs.
Wherebe my spring? Just one little buttercup or ray bursting forth with heartwarming heat. At least a coat warm and soft enough to protect me from this ever present darkness. Or one sock to remind me that this moment, these seconds, hours and days will not last forever...it only Feels that way. Throw me a frickin bone. Tell me this will get better. This dragging dragging behind the team of sullen, sad, slow moving horses pulling me through the muck of years defeated, sorrows shed and those now gone needs to kick it up a notch as I wallow too deeply.
So much can change...within a day. From glory to great defeat. Suck