Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Opening the Mail...er not

I have a problem opening my mail. I'm not sure what this is all about. It reminds me of IronMan Tony Starks inability to have papers and such handed to him. I have that issue, also, but this unopened mail thingy has huge consequences.
Bills, notices and some correspondences are time sensitive.... Like that overdue notice from the library or the note with a changed appointment time.
I cannot explain my behaviour or lack of ability or desire to open mail immediately.
Well....if t looks like a check...hahahahahaha, I'll open it. That rarely happens, but I do have that exception to my oddish, probably Aspie behaviour..
It makes no sense, really.
Maybe some things I don't want to know or I'm afraid to find out. It could be bad news.
Maybe it's simply just another disconnect...i don't live in This world, too much, so I don't need to subscribe to societal rituals. Or it's my antisocial rebellion,
Maybe it just doesn't matter.
I seem to be an expert at shooting myself in the foot. I lose, on a routine basis, "important" numbers and notices.
Maybe I'm just plain really into self-sabotage. I don't know. Honestly, I don't know why I have great difficulty opening mail. All I'm sure of is...it gets me in sooooo much trouble and I can't change my behaviour.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad