Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Monday, May 26, 2014

Being Alone

2 comments:

  1. I have always believed that one is in good company, when alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Us lonely people thank you for this. I guess there are people who are ok alone. They are not really lonely because they are fulfilled with a job or a talent. But I wish everyone who wanted a close friend or partner could have one. Everyone should have an equally twisted twin or a weird yin to their quirky yang. :-) No one should HAVE to be alone.
    I will never understand why so many people that treat others like crap still have loyal friends and loved ones around them. I always tried to be kind and tried to find ways to let people know I valued them, but I guess it wasn't enough to make up for all the negatives of dealing with me. I don't know...
    I'm really glad you're not alone. It makes me happy to see good things happen to good people. They don't happen often enough!

    ReplyDelete