Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, May 9, 2014

If I Were To Die

5 comments:

  1. Never too late for any of that.
    In fact, how ya feeling right now? Up to some physical activity? Perhaps it's time to grab your partner by the hand and take an evening walk out somewhere pretty? There's a good start to your list. :-)
    I'm sorry it took you so long to realize how awesome you are, especially since your awesomeness seems so very obvious to me, but I'm happy you see it now. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "IF" is one of the saddest words in the English language, yet regret accomplishes very little, and can interfere with healing and growth.

    In truth, you could not move on and make much progress, until you had learned and absorbed fully, the lessons that life has shown you.

    You are doing very well, my friend. It is a honour and a pleasure to count you, as my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi KatKnip,
    Yes! I think that's one reason I wrote it out...what do I need to change and what do I want to be doing?
    Damn, you are kind! I very much appreciate it:) Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    Thinking about "if" is propelling me to figure out my objectives, goals and ways to happiness And lack of regret. I'm realigning to what works for me:)
    Yes, I have been learning so much, especially these last three years. You wouldn't recognize me before then.
    Thank You for your friendship and support!!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just honest.
    I would pop over and help you with your list, but google says it will take me 722 hours to walk to Michigan (no driver's license due to poor eyesight) so my feet might be kinda tired by the time I get there. ;-) But it would totally be worth it for a friend.
    ::sigh:: why do the awesome people have to live so far away? :-( But you don't need me to encourage you anyway. You'll tackle that list all on your own! :-)

    ReplyDelete