Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, January 29, 2016

Perpetual Misunderstanding

I'm hoping this week of frequent misunderstandings is over and done so that I can move out of this fret and worry storm. Three different incidents in which I felt embarrassed, pushed away and discarded plagued me like cloaks of locust.
My usual, come near me/ go away temperament is in full swing. At least once a month someone will inquire as to whether or not I'm upset with them. My moody Aspie/ DID persona, which has always run hot and cold, has been prevalent and, no, I'm not bothered by anyone or what they've said...I'm just seriously moody and dissociative.
One minute I'm chatty, the next I retreat and feel highly introspective. I'm guessing I'll continually be fielding this question as my behavior runs deep and true. Hence, this is the number one reason Amy has no friends. Some things I can't change even when I want to.
Thanks for reading and sticking around.