Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I don't like winter

I can't fool or distract myself any more. I'm no fan of winters dark and gloomy days. There is no redeeming value, no inspiration staring into the bleak, dismal, stark winter's day. I'm not suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder or depression...I'm unhappy, very unhappy, disgruntled and crabby staring at the same blank canvas day after day after day.
I've spent all my life in Michigan. Each year the winters get longer, the days drag and the cold bites harder at my bones. There is no place to drive for stimulation or excitement. The nearest city with attractions is over 2 hours away and I grew up there. Even if I decided to visit the same ol venues, road conditions need to be considered. I've seen all there is to see there.
I could keep the drapes drawn all day and be a smidgen happier then with them open. There is no reason to look out the window. All the birds have flown the coop, equally ill-suited and unhappy in this grey rolling hills.
  Living on disability, I always have an income no matter what state I live in. Sure, it's a meager, humble sum but I'm grateful for an income and I don't require much...just give me deep, lush green forests, flowers of various hues and museums, new places to visit and I will thrive.
Winter has gotten old. Just sayin'