Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, February 19, 2016

Why I Love Oregon

Well, I've only been here a few days...here are the things I've enjoyed so far:
Hearing a variety of languages at the airports.
Friendly people everywhere I turn. It's like people don't wear masks like us northern michiganders do. Upfront and lots of smiles.
Before I forget...I adore flying but there is one thing I just hate....airplane farts! OMG, you have no idea where they come from and they don't disperse readily enough...OMG, I hate airplane farts!!!!
Ok, back to things I love:
The topography, scenery..everything is alive and growing. Moss growing, clinging, engulfing trees. The trees are huge. The flowers, lots of heathers and Yeah, selling pansies at the grocery store.
The beaches, which have proven to be a little more challenging to find than I was led to believe, are breathtaking, wide, wild and exhilarating! I encountered a magnificent Pacific Coast storm at Canon Beach today, complete with pelting Snow, I kid you not. The large heavily softened driftwood was mesmerizing. Oh, the stories each piece could tell of its origin and journey.
Gluten Free is freakishly frequent and no one looks at you funny for inquiring.
I've thoroughly enjoyed talking to the locals. No set Oregonian accent, per say, but the diversity...oh, the Hispanic gentleman who gave me directions, I could have listened to his melodious voice all day, but I digress.
I love the different people colors!!!!! I live in a fairly strict whitebread town and I so enjoy seeing different skin colors.
  When I wasn't resting or sleeping on the plane, I was broadly smiling and it didn't bother anyone. It's hard to hide my happiness so I don't.😜
It simply feels really good here like slipping into that warm, snuggly comforter.
It's rather laid back. No one seems to be in a big hurry, overall. Lots of traffic backups in Portland but no horn honking or road rage.
Aw, it's getting late, for me that is. My only downside of this vacation is a mighty sore upper back and neck. Yikes. I spend time just laying down to ease it a bit. Hoping to find an acupuncturist within the next couple of days. None in my current city.
Later dudettes! And dudes