Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Monday, April 18, 2016

Insomnia Again

I guess I've always had a bit of insomnia going on, as going to bed before 1am was unheard of. I've thought of insomnia as just another minor disturbance in my frequently plagued life.
Until now.
For the past few months, my sleeplessness has reached epic proportions with the majority of falling asleep times around 4-5 am. That's a serious interruption that has me scrambling for answers so that I can resume a pseudo normal life. My days are spent quite miserable and grumpy. I've used up my bag of tricks with different prescribed meds and over the counter aids. My only hopes of slumber before 2am is to mix my meds with small doses of drink. Not the best idea but I'm starting to feel super desperate.
I'm guessing my only recourse and possibility of hope rests, lol, in an appointment with my doctor, although we've gone through a number of sleep meds with disastrous side effects. Uck.
Don't talk to me about the standard rules and trials. I know about caffeine, exercise, supplements and don't even go there about the miracle of melatonin because it made the inside of my head hurt so bad and weird I wanted to kill myself. Yeah, a seriously bad ass reaction at an extremely low dose.
I am starting to suffer from lack of proper sleep. Being up most of the night is irritating most of my day. I don't have answers. I hate problems without answers.
Just hanging out and venting in the
No
Sleep
Zone