Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Glimpse Back to a Simpler Time...the writings in a 1963 yearbook from LaGrange High School, Mimir, Steve Waller

I picked up a few yearbooks at the second hand store. This one is full of inscriptions, so here goes;
Steve, I'll always remember the fun we've had together with your smiling personality and good manners and grades. I'm sure you'll be a success in college. (Don't chase too many girls) Best of luck always and much success in the future.
  Love Tessie
*
Steve, You are quite a guy. I wish you the best of luck in the future in everything you strive to do.
  Love Linda ******
*
Steve,
Don't ever forget the time Alex K., you and I were enrolled in that raunchy tapping class. It has been great knowing you Steve and I will always remember ??? and that tap dancing. I want to wish you the very best of luck in everything you attempt. Also good luck with college this year- study hard but have fun.
May God Bless you and be with you- Bill S
*
Steve,
I could have been kind of nesty, but I won't be.
Remember all the fun we've had in L. H. S.
I hope there are no hard feelings.
  from one Romeo to another
   Stephen
*
Steve,
To the greatest kid in the class of '63. You deserve the best of everything and here's hoping that you get it. May the Lord bless you always.
Good Luck-
  Love Ya,
   Becky
*
Buddy Steve,
Golly, since we've started the University routine, it just seems that everything is different. Sort of miss the ole' gang and your humorous voice. Your a great guy and I'll always remember your friendship and "southern hospitality". Best of luck always to a wonderful guy. I wish you success in College, even if it isn't the greatest (BYU) just kidding.
A "rebel" buddy always, Steve
*

Steve, Here's to one of the swinginest' clarinet players I've ever known. I'll always remember you as one of the neatest seniors of '63. You are always a lot of fun. Well, I sure do wish you a lot of luck,  now & forever. Keep Smilin' Becca

*Steve, Well I sure hope you are enjoying yourself at College. Study hard and get somewhere huh? I am sure having my hands full being head D (?). M. this year. Tonite is homecoming and Don's about ready to pull his hair. He even said I worry him. But it'll be perfect tonight I assure you. Never forget all the good times we've had in Band even in the Beginning with Ruckman Yuk! Be good and we'll see ya one of these years O.K.? Best of Luck Always "M"

*Hi there! Only 27 more weeks of school. It doesn't seem possible.  It seems strange very strange without you here. We really had some great times and I hope we can have alot more in the future. Don't ever forget the many ski trips we took. Especially the one where Kelly got mad because you didn't sit by her. Also the day when Jari (?) and I came up to get our pictures taken and Kelly keep throwin snow-Boy that was a real riot! Pep band isn't going to be the same without you - You really made it- and you also made it sound just great. There's one big memory out of all of them and that was having the privilege of going to Baccalaureate and Commencement with your mother and the Senior Party and winning the $.50 for being the further couple away! Also there is that tape recorder! And when you left for your trip- I bet that is the quietess tape!!?? Agree or disagree?! Always stay smiling and keep your great sense of Humor. Love Ya Suzy

*Steve & (Hands remember) To a real top Knotch Senior, who I have had the pleasure of Knowing. Steve your a real swell guy, with a real neat personality, I sure hope that in the future, I'll be able to get to know you better. Good luck Steve, and please WRITE me, Sincerely Sharon.   PS Hope to see you around

* Steve- You are a really swell guy- in an off-beat way, of course- no- seriously you are really a neat person! Hope you like OSU this year- don't flunk out- but with your genius I'm sure you'll go places- Best of luck- Kay