Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Monday, October 3, 2016

Audition Done

I took my son to his first audition for a play. He is very excited. Not even sure the play will happen as they need a larger number of applicants to fill all the roles and they haven't advertised much. Tomorrow we go back to see if enough people showed up and to see other auditions. Can't believe how excited my son is. He's always expressed interest in theater but never had a proper venue. This is a children's theater group whereby they teach kids all the basics about the craft. It would involve 3 days a week of after school hours. I'm more than willing to drive him and spend time watching him learn the ropes. I hope it takes off.
He and I also completed his psychological exam for the possibility of him qualifying for SSI. It was a short, relatively painless one hour interview downtown. I'm glad we got that out of the way.
Later this week is acupuncture. I'm optimistic it will help me get aligned and increase my energy. Gosh, I hope this practitioner works for me!
Still on the waiting list for a therapist. I continue to have little free time outside of mom, apartment and social service stuff. So much to do and I like to only handle one appointment a day. The stress from each encounter, new place is more than enough for me each day.
I'm proud of myself for all that I am getting accomplished. My job as mom always comes first. If I can get my sweetheart more immersed and stabilized than I'll be able to pursue my interests with ease.
I was able to stop at Goodwill and pick he and I up a couple sweatshirts. It's fall and cooler, so I wanted to find autumn wear for us. Last weekend was the first time he and I didn't go on a travel adventure due to my flu recovery. I'm almost back to normal..getting there.
My son's best friend at school is transferring. So bummed. Hoping we can continue to hangout with him and his family as they seem like just great people.
Met another neighbor that wanted to pet Rosebud. I like meeting people and puppy sure does help.
I'm tired. Thanks for reading. Be well.