Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Saturday, February 18, 2017

I met a beautiful woman

My very first date turned out exceptionally well. What started out as a "meet & greet" coffee turned into a five-hour thrift shopping, dinner date, ending only due to family obligations on both our parts.
She is a beautiful blue-eyed, naturally curly haired woman, with dare I say, trying not to sound superficial, a rockin' hot bod. We had oodles of things in common from our taste in jewelry, food, books, hobbies, passions to world views and values.
My voice never tired. I didn't feel one ounce of stress. I approached her without walls and with the attitude "be myself." Likewise, M carries no walls, no sharp edges, rather she had warm open arms, a listening ear and a delightful, mischievous smile. She is full of life, happiness, curiosity and adventure.
It's the first conversation that I have had with anyone, since moving here, that lasted for more than an hour or two. And I want more.
It's the first time someone's looked in my eyes, and I in theirs, and it was comfortable and highly pleasant. She actually liked and accepted me exactly as I am...and that is a rare gift that should be a given, I know.
I felt validated, valued, wanted, heard and happy.
She talks more than me which is just perfect. Her topics of conversation were items that interested me, 100%. Our backgrounds had striking similarities, as well. We are quite a pair.
I'm very much looking forward to being with her again and listening, talking, sharing and just feeling good about myself, as I did our first date. She's an awesome woman with a smokin' hot bod...sorry, just can't stop sayin'
Life is very, very good