Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

A Dream Analyzed

I had a dream twas the other night and I thought I'd dissect it to figure out where I am in my life.
An unseemly man and I rent a boat. I'm comfortable with this guy so, though he remains unseen, I can readily surmise it is my boyfriend that I am currently cosmitten with.
We rent a boat to go out fishing. The boat is sturdy and seaworthy.
The atmosphere feels and looks like the Caribbean although I've never been there. These are brand new waters for me, which means I'm in uncharted waters, which is so true that I've never been in a healthy relationship before.
The water is calm, crystal clear, light bluish green, so clear I can readily see through the shallow few feet of water. No turbulence or choppy seas; smooth sailing, an easy ride.
It is a beautiful sunny, blue sky day. All is well.
I'm trying to figure out how to get to where the fishing is, to where the other boats are but I don't know how. Then, I notice there is a fish finder radar in the boat and on the screen I can see where the other boats are. Analysis, I'm not sure how to proceed but I find assistance on board. The other boats represent other people, and or couples, just others.
My male companion guides our boat in their direction but we stop quite short of being in the pack of boaters. I ask if we should drop anchor. He says it's okay to drift.
Analysis, we are near enough to see others but we still like our own space and a little distance from others. We don't want to "join the pack" but having them in sight is nice. I want to anchor, put down firm footing lest we inadvertently get to close to others but my male companion is comfortable and confident enough to know that we will be just fine. My BF is a calm and confident kinda guy.
Once settled, I reach for the fishing poles. There are two identical poles somewhat entangled. My companion and I easily untangle them together.
I notice the identical hooks, each baited with about seven, small, light blue beads that are set just behind the sharp hook. My BF and I are of the same ilk, both Aspies. The blue beads signify throat chakra, communication. He and I communicate in the same autistic way.
While he is still fiddling with his pole, I set mine into the water. Immediately, my line starts slowly moving away. There is something on my line but it isn't behaving as if I've caught a fish. It actually took me a few seconds to realize that there was indeed, something on my hook.
I'm on to something. There is movement of the line but it Is different.
I shout, "Hey, I've already got something!!!" All excited and surprised.
I feel in and am thrilled to find that I have caught...something unexpected and unusual in appearance. In my mind I call it a "turtlefish" because it has the head of a turtle but a squarish body with fine.
Analysis, BF and I are together in calm waters, communicating and trying to get something. I catch something. I easily get a catch but it is different than I expected. Still sought after. Still a prize, just in a form different than I thought it would be.
Then I awoke.
What a change from the usual dreams of storms, tornadoes, ice and hurricanes.
It really does feel like the waters are calm and easily seen through. I enjoy having someone kind in the boat with me.
Life is Good