Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Having Aspergers be like..

There are 101 people in an auditorium. One person stands up to tell a joke. 99 people are laughing. They understand what was said and react similarly. 
There are 101 people in a room. One starts talking. Someone (me) laughs uproariously and inappropriately, and one other person laughs, too. There are 2 Aspies in that room.
That's how alone this is.
I am an alien surrounded. Alone in any crowd whether it be 3 people or 100.
I only recently found someone online who not only speaks Aspie but speaks My Aspie. Aspergers has many "dialects" and I've only found one other, in addition to my son, that speaks my dialect. 
People talk about their tribe, family, peeps and besties. That's what this person is to me. I found one other of my species, on my island, who speaks the same native tongue.
And it's amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment