Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Monday, April 1, 2024

I just don't know what to do. Seriously

I don't know how to structure my day with what actually needs to be done, what can wait, doing what I feel like doing, what is necessary, what I must do, how do I want to spend my days, how long can I let the dishes sit, how uncomfortable do I have to be to break into the bank and buy food if I already have some food on hand.
Do I continue to eat the frozen leftovers until they are near completely gone before I buy more food? Do I really need to go for a walk or do I want to or do I feel too tired or really just want to avoid people?
Should I accept my disability check and not try and work to make supplemental income? If so, to what degree? How many hours and how much effort should I put into that?
Cleaning. I'm going through everything in the spare oom and deciding what to sell, give away, throw away and keep. For how many hours shall I do this each day.
No job. No school. No children. No responsibilities to anyone.
I have all these hours. I've always believed in being the highest productivity as possible. Do I get time off? A day of rest? How much and how long?
I find these many hours a conundrum of possibilities and confusion.
There are no clear and definite answers as so much depends on my current wants and energy level.
No one can ever answer these questions for me.
How shall I spend my next hour, dishes, map making, reading, writing, baking, chores, resting? 
There are no answers, only open questions.