Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Monday, May 25, 2015

Lyme Diary entry #104 Chlorella

My latest weapon in my arsenal battling Lyme is Chlorella. I spent some time researching it today and here are my findings:
Chlorella is a super food composed of single-cell freshwater algae. They call it a super food because it is one of two foods that you could live on Exclusively. If enough Chlorella is ingested, there is no need for any other nutrients and you can be healthy.
Chlorella is composed of 60% protein, 16% carbohydrates, 5% fats and 19% fiber. Yes, that's a lot of fiber. The one big issue, if you take too much too often is digestive cleansing in excess of comfort otherwise known as cramps, diarrhea and gas.
Healing with Chlorella is a marathon, not a sprint. You start off slow and gradually work your system up to 5-10 grams a day, divided throughout the day. Real progress is seen in 3-6 months.
Benefits of Chlorella: improved digestion as the algae causes the good intestinal bacteria, Lactobacilli, to multiply 4 fold, 4x. Also helps eliminate bad breath and excess body odor. The main benefit of taking Chlorella is for its heavy-metal detoxifixation, notably mercury along with lead, aluminum, etc. Mercury is found in dental amalgam fillings (of which the average adult has 8, thus the body absorbs approximately up to 120 micrograms of mercury every single day.) and seafood. All fish have some degree of mercury.
I had all my old amalgram, mercury-ridden fillings removed about 5 years ago, one or two at a time, by my certified dentist. The new porcelain fillings are expensive but I figured my health was worth it.
Chlorella is grown only in approved freshwater ponds in Taiwan. In its natural state, it has a sturdy cell wall which would prevent absorption. Thus, only "broken cell wall" Chlorella is absorbed and utilized in the body. If it doesn't say those three words, the product is completely useless.

 In regards to Lyme and the neurotoxin build up from dying off Borrelia parasites, I have to wonder if the big C would, does remove some of those toxins as well. I need to do more research.

 I started taking 500mg once daily to see what effect it had on my system. No issues so I moved up to 1gm/ 1000 MG daily. After a week then it became 2 gm daily. I did notice healthy intestinal. ..cleansing and some stomach cramps the first couple days. Now, I am comfortable at 2 gm a day. In another week or two, I will move up to 2 1/2 and so on, until I hit a maintenance dose of 5-7 grams daily.

 I read that for people with chronic illnesses that15-20 grams is okay, ideal. I am not a doctor but due to my cathartic intestinal cleansing, I would highly advise working up to this max dose slowly, noting if any distressing side effects occurr. The average time frame in which positive effects are readily seen is 3-6 months. You cannot overdose on Chlorella, or so I read, really I am not a doctor and am not prescribing this supplement or what dose you should take. That is completely your decision.

 I take mine in divided doses throughout the day. The one big rule I read was to avoid any and all caffeine, coffee and soda around pill taking time as it is detrimental.

 Chlorella can assist with repairing nerve tissue, increasing energy level, enhances the immune system, big detoxification, promotes healthy ph, normalizes blood sugar, improves digestion, and helps with weight loss. I kid you not, my appetite has gone down tremendously since I started taking 2gm per day. I simply feel full.

 After 1 year, there will be an increase in healing time. The soft pill shaped supplement can be crushed and applied to cuts, scrapes, rash and wounds. I'd really like to try this!

  It is safe for children at low daily doses of 1- 1 1/2 gram. 

 I am quite intrigued by this super food and the positive effects that I feel taking it for a couple weeks.This is a new Daily addition to my cupboard! I really wanted to share.