Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Monday, May 11, 2015

Therapy grows uncomfortable, Living MPD

I wasn't sure what to title this post. The first thing that came to mind was, "Problems in Therapy": then "Issues in Therapy". Then I figured that I'm just getting darn uncomfortable with some changes that have been taking place the past few sessions. I know only others with DID will get it but I want to address this.
My biggest beef is that I feel less control over what is said and done in session. There's this new type of...unpredictability that is causing me concern and I just don't like it. Previously, I could have a vague or not-so-vague notion of what will be discussed. Now, I may have a half-a-glimpse, be completely clueless and totally shocked by what gets revealed situation.
Gosh, part of me is like, man, that was immature or outrageous or a little scary.
And I always come away with, "I had no fucking idea that that happened!" It's disconcerting, depressing, confusing, disjointed.
I thought I had dealt with all the shame...but today, I found more. Nough said.
I have to, have to trust Therapist so much more. And I have to trust the previously unseen parts of me that have never seen daylight, to behave appropriately, whatever that means.
So, yeah, it boils down to me being really uncomfortable and more out-of-control. I'm getting anxiety returning in, go figure.
Very unsettling. I don't like it a single bit.