Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Lyme Diary entry 101

I've posted often dealing with my Lyme battle, so if thought I'd find an organizational help by using "Lyme Diary."
Latest updates:
My 5th weekly acupuncture session was huge. It felt as if my entire right solar plexus/ upper abdomen released, opened up and now I can breathe in so much easier.
It's only been 2 days so I'm concerned I may fall into a big herx, but I'm trying not to worry and instead, enjoy these new sensations.
I've been taking the Chinese medicine, Five Mushrooms formula for a couple weeks. It's to help repair my immune system, adrenals and such. I definitely feel sunnier, more energetic on the inside.
I'm contemplating bee venom therapy, the old fashioned way, not via expensive dr. approved and injection administered. It's a thought I'm engaging.
  It's tough never knowing what the morning, the next hour will bring. Will I be able to walk, to stand, fix meals? So much uncertainty. When I do feel well, I have to temper my activities in case I go over this intangible, ever changing line of "Yes, I can get this done!" Or "I really should lie down to avoid a bad reaction, over exerting and paying a serious price tomorrow."
It's a truly wicked game of forever contemplating all the possibles. Never having predictable answers.
One minute feeling great and the next crawling on the floor.
Lol, flexibility is key, as is realizing I'm doing the best I can.
I'm so not a loser...it just feels that way sometimes.

 I found this pic, put on some text and thus is Really important! I was bit by a deer tick nymph. Nymphs carry Lyme just like the adults.

Seriously, it is that small. The engorged nymph is what I had found on my abdomen, no bigger than a mustard sees and feeling like a slightly raises scab.

 I insecticide spray my son and myself every time we go outside. If I'm out for a short time, I'll just carefully spray my shoes and pants below the knee. For my son, he always gets a head-to-toe spray and a tick check every night. I also check his clothing for the small, evil things.

 I have found ticks crawling around the house, most often in the bathrooms. I literally bust them apart with my fingernail..wait, not the best idea. I'll get a small jar and fill with rubbing alcohol. That will kill them.

 Ticks survive through heavy winters. They survive high heat dryers.

 It's sad but remember when no one wore sunscreen, no one always wore a condom? Once enough people got sick and died, then the reality of skin cancer and HIV prompted people to use precautions. It's unfortunate but, to be brutally honest, once enough doctors and/ or their loved ones and patients...once enough celebrities, politicians and "famous" people start getting infected (oh, please, I sincerely do Not wish this on anyone!!!) then the outcry will start, then the Lyme Warriors can really rally and inform and enlighten and be believed.

 Quite simply, one bite and your life, as you knew it, completely changed. 

 I pray for my Lyme Warriors, for doctors to become Lyme literate, for people to comprehend the danger and spray and do daily tick checks, for researchers to work at finding cures and maybe even a vaccine.

 I have hope, I guess. Chin up