Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, March 10, 2017

Love in Dreams

I can't feel love in everyday life. The only time I've ever felt it has been in dreams. Dreams where someone is deeply, honestly in love with me. I know what it feels like and that I'm capable of feeling it...it's just never been safe.
In my dreams, my love is always a somewhat abstract stranger, sometimes male, sometimes female. Gender doesn't seem to matter, the same as in my waking life.
I'm grateful to have not been able to feel it these past years...lol, I take that back as I was with someone who was completely unable, incapable of giving any because they were empty. So maybe it is entirely possible that I will feel love in a relationship if it's with the right person.
I'm still pretty bitter and enraged at the previous cruelty. It's left quite a wound but I'm no stranger to oozing blood now, am I?
It's time to make better choices. I continue to see one woman and have a new one to meet this coming week. Looking for friends and kindred souls. I enjoy dating these days.