Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Sunday, May 6, 2018

I'm happy being alone

It's finally dawned on me. I am at a perfect place in my life, alone and unencumbered. Sure, I still live with my teenager so, technically I don't live by myself but all in all I lead a truly solitary lifestyle sans close friends or any additional family. I'm free of the stress, strain and possible detriment of trying to have a close, personal relationship. Thank you Jesus. I'm also free from anyone else's expectations, demands and manipulation.
I actually thrive in this low-key, drama free state of being.
My time is my own. I answer to no one. I don't have to try and figure out what someone wants from me. I don't have to put on airs or behave in a way to try and please another. In a word...Freedom!!
Since moving here two years ago, it has gradually dawned on me that I had been living at someone else's mercy, under an other persons rules and roof, for the majority of my life.
These past few days, these weeks and months have truly shown me that I thrive on my own. It's the least stressful means of existing and I am quite happy and content.
I feel good about myself and my life!!!