Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Sunday, May 6, 2018

When I die

I will have but few regrets. It would have been nice to enjoy more time with my sons. I have done the best that I possibly could.
I will embrace the end of this long suffering that I have endured since shortly after my birth. I have endured far and above and beyond what an average human could. No one will ever truly know how remarkable and painful my every day life has been.
The daily challenges and struggles will not be missed. I have fought both hard and long, vehemently and with grand courage and against overwhelming odds.
I have lived to the best and highest of my abilities. So many times I could have quit and given up but I chose to slug on.
I am most proud of my boys and the men they will become. I was truly 100% devoted to them and am blessed to have been their mother.
I am proud of how I have sought for help whenever I could, acknowledging that some things need assistance to heal.
I am proud of my forward progress, my leaving destructive relationships and my bravery in making ginormous and scary moves to my betterment.
I am grateful for the few who stopped into my life and brought friendship and sunshine, albeit for often short, short times. It was most welcome.
I am proud of my faith and my ability to see that things do happen for a reason and that I came into this life to endure and learn a great many things that few can even imagine.
I should have died when I was 10. That I made it this far is nothing short of toughness and miracles.
I've proven that I have strengths beyond measure.
I am grateful for all the days that I have had.
Again, I will not miss the pain and suffering.
Death is never something to be afraid of. Rejoice.