Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Monday, March 4, 2024

Playing with Legos at 30 and at 60

This is so much amazing fun! Omg!! It has been a long long time since I've played and put together a Lego set. The instructions are so clear. The amount of new, never seen before pieces is incredible!! I had no idea Lego has evolved this far!! 
Dream job, put together Lego sets all day😊😁❤️👍!
And this next story is actually true:
Autistic me did not know Lego existed until I went to the toy aisle after my oldest son was born. I was 30 when I remember seeing and buying my first Lego set. I was enthralled with the knights and the forest guys!
Growing up, we never had toys with small parts in the house because there was always one, usually two, siblings under 3.
I rarely ever was allowed to play at other kids houses. I rarely was invited to other's birthday parties which would have required a trip to the toy aisle. I don't even ever recall looking at the toys when shopping with mom at Meijer. It just wasn't allowed. We were quite poor.
I am Autistic and I see just the closest, nearest things with my vision. I am limited in things, words, social stuff because I rarely venture out of the safe, predictable what-I-already-know realm. 
Anyway, if you sense this overwhelming excitement at these awesome toys, some part of that indeed is that they are still relatively new to me. 😊