Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Change in routine, Boggled

My LittleGuy went back to school today, after being home for two and a half weeks. I had to work to remember what the "getting ready for school" routine was, this morning. Now, I'm stymied, clueless as to what to do with this sudden change in routine. Days like this, whereby I basically accomplish nothing and am completely lost in thought, it's usually best to go back to bed instead of standing around undecided.
 I'm getting quite befuddled. Hmmm, therapy continues to be this touch-n-go thing. One minute I'm looking forward to it, the next it's like no way, never again. Then with LittleGuy therapy, not sure what questions are appropriate to ask or what comments I should or should not make. I'm confused so I'll have partner take him next week. Floundering.
  It's like the wind suddenly died and my boat is silenced in the water. Directionless. Waiting for a breeze. Disconnected and unsure of which way to go.
  Suddenly, the lines demarcating right and wrong, share and too much info, appropriate and not cool, are all askew. Everything has shifted and I'm clueless as to which way to go. I'm questioning myself on every little thing. And not really finding any answers that fit.