Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Surviving a 20 year scam

It's like waking up one morning, and the person you loved and all the words she had said, were all lies. I'd been living a 20 year scam. Forgive my shock and surprise that a human being, er not, could conscientiously take advantage and abuse another human being whom she knew had already spent 20 years of her life being lied to and abused. Who does that? Who can live with themselves knowing they are revictimizing and manipulating an already heavily  damaged person? Seriously?
I recently figured this out...that I'd been living one big lie perpetrated by someone I exclusively trusted and believed in. And she has zero, absolutely zero remorse and I'm sure she'll try and blame it all on me and try and play the victim herself.
See, this is what's wrong with the world...evil lurks behind pretty faces and prettier words. The cruel take advantage of the wounded. And no one is accountable for their egregious sins.
And I continue to believe there is good out there. Even having been abused, my first 20 years and my last 20 years. 40 out of 53. And I'm still here and spouting the truth and standing and writing cautionary tales. It's time for nothing but flagrant good. I pity so many...just not myself.