Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Bad Love

There are people out there, or that you live with, that say they love you buy they surely don't mean it.
I lived with someone for a few years and she said she loved me, wanted to marry me and treated me like crap. She looked at me with cold, dead eyes, never smiled at me or asked me how I was feeling. For two years I was bedridden and couldn't even care for myself and she completely ignored me.
I had a friend who was our housekeeper. This friend would wash my hair for me as I didn't have the body strength to do it. My ex never offered to help me at all. In fact, she would leave work if the cat was sick and needed to go to the vet but when I had to go to the doctor, she couldn't leave work.
Her words said one thing; her actions said quite another.
There are people out there who will say they love you but they do not mean it.
There are people that will ignore you and walk all over your carcass; you need to recognize them and leave.
I didn't leave because I believed her, that I was nothing and nobody and totally invalid.
These are sick, sad, toxic people.
It took me years of therapy to realize that I was being treated like less than a begging mongrel dog. Years.
She thought I would be nothing without her. But she was wrong.
Be aware of the signs of disrespect and narcissism. Don't believe the words. Watch careful and analyze the actions.
There are bad love people out there. I recognize that, now.