Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Monday, December 26, 2016

Made it through another day

It was a busy day. I decided to clean the bathroom and kitchen. I had my son assist in the bathroom, as it was more his mess than mine. Plus, if he doesn't like mopping it up, maybe he'll have better aim. It really needed a thorough job and I was up for the task.
Cooking didn't work out quite as well, as I practically liquified my potatoes leaving little to mash. The turkey came out okay. That outer burnt stuff didn't seem to effect the taste. I'm not a big fan of the gobbler but Rosebud and my son relish it.
After all the cleaning, I had dirty rags that I couldn't have sitting anywhere around the house, so I had the laundry room all to myself and managed a couple of loads.
The football game was pretty exciting. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of the complex here. Very few cars in the lot.
I've been in the house too much. I'm pretty sure tomorrow is a road trip day. I don't have funds but I'll probably drive north or south and window shop at the thrift stores. Holiday break means no school and momma needs a ride. Time to see the sheep and the mountains.
I'm so grateful this holiday shit is over. Man, it just seemed so long, strung out and like it'd never get over with.
Please!!! And Thank you
I need to keep moving, even if it's just around the house. I've been stuck in my head too much lately. Time for some fresh air...and maybe a lollipop...hahaha, cabin fever madness trying to set in.