Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I really like hugs

Today it heavily dawned upon me, I really like hugs. It almost felt like the first time I ever got a warm, safe hug when asking and receiving one from Neo.
I feel like a delinquent, like I've been missing out on something intrinsically special and necessary. And I want to get back everything I've missed.
It seems so basic...and....not something I should have to beg for or feel bad about asking for. I almost feel the need to apologize, as if I'm needy and asking for the golden fleece and I'm not worthy.
I can't put into words how good to felt, how deeply, like a blanket finally covering a large, gaping wound that had been left open.
Words can't heal as much as a simple heartfelt hug.
It's kinda like I never felt one till today.
I want more but I don't want to be needy or overwhelming.
I don't know how many hugs I'm entitled to. Is there a set limit before I annoy? I don't want to annoy or put anybody out.
Gosh, I wish I'd gotten hugs all my life, or once a month like this one I got today.
I don't feel so alone now. I really like hugs. JB