Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, August 25, 2023

Clarity

And all of a sudden everything stopped,
 the race was over, 
the war was done,
 the clouds parted 
and she found herself still standing
solid, like steel,
 no longer cheap wooden stilts
All the hassles, appointments, stuff we were working to get through or done on time
Stopped
These moments are so precious
When I can see clearly where I am
Unobstructed 
And I am free to pick and choose a direction 
Instead of it already being decided for me by circumstances, date, obligation or time
Deep breathing
In 
This 
Eye of the Storm place
I know the upcoming storm
Draws near
I know it must pass through me
To finally disperse and no longer harm
I stand
And I am so grateful
For this moment
I put the telescope down to my side
I drop the luggage
And pull out the backpack. 
I take a good long drink
I Am