Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, June 17, 2016

Making Progress

As an autistic planning requires about triple the amount of time versus the neuro-typical. My executive functioning skills...well, they suck, so I have to look info up, replay previous experiences and scan for previous information that I've heard or read about. I work on recalling previous pitfalls and how I dealt with them.
Luckily or unluckily, I remember events quite easily. So, I'm going through everything that I experienced over 25 years ago when I procured my first solo apartment. Lol, and the information is still there. Lots of thinking going on.
I've been going for more walks, either with puppy or alone. Being outside feels really calm not stuffy and stagnant like the inside of this house.
My ADHD is a pain in the ass. I have to continually consciously tell myself to slow down. Inside I'm speeding whilst outside just drags. Quite uncomfortable.
So, I'm working on two different avenues, places to live. It's going to boil down to which city comes through with the section 8 housing voucher first. I made a step in the right direction in one city. And I'll leave it at that.
My spirits are higher than yesterday due to this forward progress. I'm more at peace with myself and accepting of my circumstances. Writing last night really helped me get a clearer picture on what direction I want to go with my life. Writing is often insightful and therefore, healing.
I like the direction I'm going.