Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, May 27, 2016

I love Legos

And like most things, I take them very seriously. I'm kind of perturbed that my son sees fit to rip the hands, arms, legs and heads off the minifigures...and I'm hard pressed to find all the missing hands. Where the heck do they disappear to anyway?
I'm also upset that there are other toys, non-legos in my Lego bins. Worse yet, there are these things called Tyco that are cheap Lego wannabes. I detest them. Every time I sort bricks, I throw out handfuls of these fake crappy bricks. Argh!
Then there is the dust and cat hair I pick out. Some bricks need a good washing. Legos need to be cleaned and sorted, not tainted with dirt, dust and non-legos.
As I've mentioned, I'll be moving soon, so I have been emptying and cleaning out, figuring the bare minimum that I need to move on. Another big bag of clothes left the closet. Four bags, also, made it to goodwill this week.
When it all boils down, there is little that I require in my new place. Yeah, Legos be one of them.

My favorite pieces are the four rounds. Don't know why, I just like them best. Lego has come out with some new girly elves. Man, they are really awesome. I'm going to have to pick up a small set when I can afford it. 
I have one medium flat where I put all the "control panels". Those are pretty fun, too.
I've been sorting by color, just making monochromatic, freestyle creations which makes it easier to locate bricks when I'm building.
In a perfect world, I'd have a few organizers with those clear drawers and each piece would be in its appropriate place. Lol, yeah, in a perfect world....but then, what would I do with my Friday nights?