Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Too Much Baggage...time to move on

There comes a point where you realize that you are composed of 90% baggage. Then it's time to move on. When each wall, every street and each store houses memories of the old and decaying, you aren't living each day anew, you're just following the repetitive string of dead remembrances.
What we cling to, possession wise, inprisons us. My belongings keep me stuck, glued to the floor and engulfed with old memories. I don't want to live my life affixed to the familiar flotsam that covers the floors, rise up the walls and almost hit the ceiling.
My belongings are what I choose, consciously or subconsciously, to be. Looking around, I'm not liking what I see. Old ideas that I never completed and half finished projects that I've lost interest and direction in. Boxes upon crates of "I want to do this if i only had the time." It Is time to let all these things go. They aren't me...anymore.
I've given weight to holding on to old things and dumb ideas. The friends that have left...they are gone, honey. It's time to stop wishing and hoping they'll come back. It's time to stop second guessing and feeling bad for whatever things said or unsaid that may have caused them to leave. Recognize that it's a waste of time. They are gone. Let them go. Bury them. Lay flowers. Cry if you feel the need but definitely turn and walk away. Life is all about how to let go of the things we've grown attached to that are no longer  in our best interest.
Everyone and everything is temporary. Things turn ugly, stale and fester when we try to hang on past the expiration date.
We find security in familiar things and pile them all around us. Things can't hurt us like people, can they? The more things, the less we feel. The less we need people to fill up those empty places in our lives.
Life is risky...especially when you decide to grow up and evolve out of the sameness and pseudo comfort of old things.
Life is an adventure if you can break out of the things and ideas you have molded around you.
I know some choose to smother and suffocate rather than change because I used to be that way. Then I found myself dying in the stagnant piles. No more. I choose to live by discarding and letting go of the old. Now, to pare down my belongings, those things that once owned me, so I can see and be myself without the excess baggage.
Moving on