Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Sunday, May 29, 2016

What a Week...

So many new activities, each one deserves a post of its own but here is a synapse.
I went horseback riding for the first time in over 2 years! I rode Miss Nana. Mary Horses schooled me in riding. It had been so long that I sincerely welcomed all her advice. I can't believe how much I had forgottrn. Riding was so much fun, exhilarating!!!
I also had the opportunity to play with 3 5-week old kittens. Yeah, I could have sat there and toyed with them all day long.
I took my Younglink fishing for the very first time in his life. He caught his first rock bass within 10 minutes of casting his line. He ended up catching 4 fish total and each was a respectable size. He loved it, as did I. Lol, I caught 2 perch. Each fish was about 4 inches long. I kept moving closer to where Younglink was fishing as he had the luck with him. I learned about waxworms which I hadn't ever used before. They are a lot cleaner than earthworms. I also took the fish off hooks without poking myself.
When we were fishing, a stray chocolate lab dog was making the rounds searching for love and food. We decided to bring her home until we can find her owners. She seems like an escapee more than an abandoned animal. We nicknamed her Ruby and she is a house dog. She understands commands and loves to be pet. I'm guessing a family misses her terribly, so I'll check with the local vets and shelter after the holiday. I couldn't stand the thought of her roaming lost, hungry and needing a temporary home. I'm optomistic we will locate her family soon.
Cleaning out my stuff is feeling very cathartic. How often does the opportunity present itself whereby you can start over and discard all the old baggage? Each bag I get rid of feels like a 50lb weight off my back.
At the Salvation Army Store, I paid it forward, giving my dollars change to the nice couple behind me. They were a couple of caring parents with an autistic daughter that they obviously loved very much. I needed to do something to lighten their load, if even just a tiny, wee bit. I slipped the money to the cashier with instructions and high tailed it out. I love paying it forward but I hate the idea of people catching me. It would ruin the whole thing if someone talked to me about it. I get so nervous thinking I'll get caught.
Fortune smiled upon me and I found a large bag of Legos cheap. Come to find out, there are three complete sets. Since all the pieces are there, I simply have to read the instructions and put them together. I can sell them for a handsome profit. The Lego series, Paradisa, I didn't recognize. Looking it up, the series was created way back in 1998 or so. It's vintage! What fun.
Lots of inner workings going on. New old stuff that I've become aware of. It's been a busy few days, inside and outside.
Be well