Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Cool Stuff

So a number of memorable, helpful things have happened in the past two days.
I found a counseling center where I can drop in to talk to a therapist Monday through Friday.
I felt so much better after talking with the counselor yesterday.
I am, Am registered for emergency section 8 housing and have moved way, way up on the list! This Is Huge! It was a matter of finding the right agency...no easy task.
I have my food stamps!!! TaDa!!! Very happy about that and we went grocery shopping today.
My food waste is way down to about 5%. I had a couple bananas turn too fast. However, if I simple set food like that on top of one of the garbage/recycle bins, the pickers will take it so there is no waste.
Being on food stamps my son gets free breakfast and hot lunch at school. Yeah!!
I know how to find a doctor..just need to go talk to an agency and ask someone to help me fill out forms for my son and myself. Ran out of time today. Hoping tomorrow.
I did contact a possible therapist for my son. I really believe he has done issues with his birth defect that need to be worked out. I have an intake appointment next week.
My son loved his first day of new school and met over half a dozen kids he spoke with. He is quite happy, and exhausted today.
I'm driving and picking him to and from school because it feels like the right thing to do. I want him to feel secure, plus I want to familiarize myself with the school and route.
I discovered that cooking chopped potatoes and onions with small pieces of broccoli and cauliflower is absolutely delicious!!! Two potatoes and about a 3/4 cup other veggies the past two days.
I found the school hot lunch menu online. My son and I went through and marked all the dates he'll have hot lunch and which days he needs to bring a lunch.
I helped him get his backpack and school stuff organized. I figure each day this week we should empty the backpack and put stuff in the right place. He thanked me for helping him. I like my job as mom and devote as much time to it as is needed.
Seems like there's more but those are the highlights.
I'm making excellent progress in healing and dramatically improving my life. Yeah Me!!!!