Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Busy Day of Ups, Downs & Apologize

Today was bust from dawn till dusk. My first task was to try and locate little guys misplaced iPad. I stopped by the local police/ sheriff office to see if anyone had turned one in. No luck.
Headed home to call the school bus garage. Bingo, there was an iPad with Darth Vader...the missing!! So, I drove over there, picked it up and dropped it off at the school.
Next, I was on to call the cable/ phone company and find out why my new modem wasn't working for my recently purchased landline. The customer service rep and I chatted for a half hour or so and she easily fixed my phone line. Another large, looming task that has needed tending for the past week or two.
With two major accomplishments, you'd think my day was grand, wouldn't you?
Nope, as I cooked my daily lunch of potatoes, onions and vegetables...I inexplicably burned them to a crisp thereby telling me that my smoke alarm did indeed work and I lost my lunch. Sigh
Off to Goodwill for a bookcase. The used, scrappy one I had picked up finally broke apart last night and I needed to have a place to set the phone. Found a decent, tall bookcase and had it loaded into my car. I spent the next two hours making space, vacuuming and clearing out the old broken one. One of the kind maintenence guys was around. I asked him if he could help me out. He grabbed a dolly and the new case was in the place.
No time to rest as I had to stop at the doctor, therapists and school to give them my new primary phone number. It's nice to be able to receive messages, again.
Finally, ugh, it's time to rest. It's a definite full-time job for me to be mom, apartment owner, bill payer, grocery shopper and resident cook. It never slowed down today.
I really did accomplish much.