Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Finding a Therapist, Talking

Yesterday, I met with my new potential therapist for the first time. It could work. I'll give it a couple more visits.
Funny, insurance isn't a problem and meeting weekly isn't one either...so different from Michigan where I could only receive 20 sessions for a full calendar year before it was out of pocket.
The office is quite comfy and cozy with a big ol love seat and two other soft chairs. Sigh.
It's so weird to talk for an hour to someone after not having conversed for that length for about three months. I was completely exhausted afterwards. My verbal center certainly wasn't used to working for that long. I took today off to bike around, pick up a bit and take a much needed nap.
Getting a therapist was my last big objective regarding my Big Move. We will see how it goes from here.