Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, November 4, 2016

Oh, yeah, the Apology

Unlike others I have known, I've gotten better and quicker at knowing I've committed an infraction resulting in the moral need for a formal apology.
The other groggy morning, I received a call from little guys doctors office. This new receptionist was quickly rambling off about what the doc said regarding my son's limb difference.
The doc was talking out of her ass about something she didn't have enough information about. I was stunned, pissed and so not in the mood for a load of morning bullshit. I stammered and stuttered and said something about finding a clinic, dadada and abruptly hung up the phone. I was befuddled.
A few hours later, as I was relaying this event to my potential therapist I thought "Omg, I was rude and she was just doing her job. I have to stop by the office and apologize!"
I spent the next couple hours figuring out why I had been so flustered. What was I going to say to the receptionist? How can I fix this mistake of mine? I wasn't at all embarrassed or self-deprecating on myself. Weird. I just knew my autistic and emotional manner got me into a problem situation that needed fixing.
That afternoon I did just that. I stopped at the office, asked to speak to her and thoroughly apologized.
The woman was relieved. She said she was wondering what she had done wrong on our phone call All Morning. I'm so glad I explained that it had nothing to do with her. It was all about me....and I fixed what I had broke ☺