Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Friday, November 18, 2016

The Latest News

Well, my son got over his 3-day virus and returned to school yesterday. Today will be my third day sick. I've figured that it's not unusual to get sick every month after moving cross country to a different state with different viruses. It's like our Michigan bodies need to build Oregon antibodies. Makes sense.
I had my second appointment with new therapist. I'm pretty sure this therapeutic will work out very well. I'm positive that we will hit some bumps along the road, as the road to understanding another person is always fraught with minor obstacles to overcome. It's the nature of the process. So, I'm glad the therapist search is over.
A local church is sponsoring us for Thanksgiving. This weekend someone will be dropping off our holiday food basket. It's exciting! I like that we are thought of and given assistance. I have no qualms or worries or embarrassment about receiving help and assistance At All. It really just makes me smile. People care about one another And about me and my son. It's all very good.