Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Saturday, August 11, 2018

I am safe and I have no idea how that feels

Logically, intellectual I have been safe from perpetrators for over 30 years. And I've been free from narcissists and harm for almost 2 full years. Yes, 50 years of my life I have been in harm's way and mistreated in one way or another.
Now, I truly am safe but I can't feel it as it is a completely foreign concept. I know what it means but the words are empty as I cannot attach them to anything I know or have felt.
It's like having a key but not knowing how to turn it to open the treasure box. I've not experienced the feel, the sensation so I continue to be lost.
I will keep repeating this newfangled mantra, I feel safe, until I actually do.
I cannot conjure up any images of what it would feel like to assist me in this quest.
I am safe but lost.
I feel very, very alone.
It has been at least three weeks since I've received a hug. It seems like forever.
I'm safe just really alone. I guess that's okay for now. Hoping to know what it feels like at some point.
Yeah, up all night thinking...trying to imagine how it feels to feel safe.
And yes, I am a Jesus loving freak.